Senior Legal Counsel
$9000 - $12000 monthly
About OneConnect Financial Technology
OneConnect is a fast-growing financial technology company, focusing on providing cloud computing and other technology services to small- and medium-sized financial institutions. OneConnect has developed world-class technology innovations in areas, such as facial recognition, voiceprint, micro-expression recognition, and blockchain. To date, OneConnect has served over 400 banks and over 2,000 non-bank financial institutions.
At OneConnect we've worked hard to create a culture that will challenge, excite, and support your professional development. With frequent team events, extensive mentoring and training, and collaboration opportunities you'll instantly become part of the well-respected sourced family. Providing a strong work/life balance is one of our core values and we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace with flexible working arrangements. We welcome discussion about how this role could be flexible for you.
- We are a young fintech company located in Singapore.
- The Singapore office is the regional office for a NYE-listed entity.
Role and Responsibilities
- Providing legal advice or opinion to the relevant stakeholders.
- Reviewing, amending or drafting of business contracts and letters, where necessary.
- Working hand-in-hand with other members in the Legal and Compliance team on any compliance or legal related matters in the Singapore office and related subsidiaries.
- Handling, resolution and management of disputes, if need be.
- Engagement and management of external counsel, if need be.
- Review and amendment of existing legal or compliance policies.
- Support in drafting and review of board of director resolutions, and other corporate secretariat related matters.
- LLB (Singapore or other common law jurisdictions preferred).
- At least 8 years PQE either in private practice in a reputable law firm (disputes welcome) or as an in-house counsel in similar industry.
- Keen interest in technological solutions and the fintech industry.
- Strong initiative and motivation in working in a fast-paced, flexible, robust environment.
- Possess business acumen grounded with a touch of practicality and pragmatism.
- Prior exposure to various areas of law, regulations and polices including but not limited to the banking industry is a plus.
- Analytical and logical with ability to work and make decisions under time pressure.
- Ability to work in a team environment and possess leadership skills.
New positions coming soon.