We started out in 2015 with a vision to simplify the digital cross-border payments experience for complex markets. Over time, we grew into a global Fintech platform, regulated in over 40 markets and reaching across 180 countries. Today we are a universal plug for financial services and our BaaS offering straddles cross-border payments, card issuance, and collections by way of capability. We have clients in all 6 continents and have diversified our offerings to meet the needs of banks, financial institutions, SMEs, and New Economy businesses like eCommerce and online travel. We are a team of more than 400 people across 11 offices globally and growing. Our vision is to embed world-class financial services into every platform we touch.
Our network is powered by our portfolio of licenses, hard-earned by building trust with financial regulators in over 38 countries. This combination of regulatory and tech assets is unique to NIUM and is at the core of our unique value proposition.
Where do you come into the picture?
Our Senior Manager - Compliance Onboarding is responsible for managing new corporate customers and the associated risk and compliance initiatives in the payments/ cards space. The role holder will have a keen focus on best practice onboarding, as well as reviewing customer business activities to ensure they are in line with Nium company policies.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance - APAC, the role holder will be the key point of contact for the regional sales teams on new applications as well as any requests raised from existing clients.
What would a day in your life @ Nium look like?
As Senior Manager - Compliance Onboarding, your responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Risk assessments of all new and existing card program applications
- Work closely with Clients to understand and provide feedback on product design and parameters whilst also performing KYB/KYC due diligence, customer onboarding, AML risk assessment so as to ensure proper controls are in place.
- Advising and making decisions on AML/PEP/Sanctions/Adverse News hits flagged by relevant screening.
- Conduct periodic customer reviews and audits to ensure existing programs are in line with the contractual agreement with NIUM and our AML risk is properly assessed and is underwritten within the approved level.
- Review and escalate suspicious activities within clients' programs to the Fraud Management team or Head of Risk and Compliance, Cards, whenever necessary.
- Co-operate with sales, operations, and project managers to support the customer onboarding process in an efficient manner.
What expertise & experiences would you need to have to play this kind of role?
Our Senior Manager - Compliance Onboarding will need to have a keen eye for detail, with a natural ability for managing multiple projects and have a high level of confidence in stakeholder management. They will also have:
- A proven track record in business underwriting or risk and/or compliance operations/regulatory compliance. [Essential]
- Experience in Payments/ tech company required, with a good understanding of the Payments industry (or card acquiring/issuing schemes). [Essential]
- Experience in portfolio management and risk reporting.
- Strong knowledge of automation tools and report builders
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Home Office setup allowance
- Training & Development
- 24x7 Employee Assistance Program
- Recognition framework
- Generous Parental and Family leave
New positions coming soon.