Senior Product Owner/Director (Virtual Accounts) - Singapore
Thunes' mission is to help businesses and their customers around the world to participate in the global economy, by providing them fast and affordable cross-border payments. We interconnect banks, payment service providers, mobile wallet operators, money transfer operators and platforms to unlock opportunities for businesses and individuals alike to participate in the global economy.
By providing unparalleled emerging market coverage and smarter transfer solutions for cross border payments, we enable financial inclusivity for those who need it most.
We act as a trusted, neutral aggregator in a deeply fragmented industry. We offer end-to-end payments solutions to tackle the speed, cost-efficiency and accessibility challenges for emerging markets:
- Business payments
- Remittance processing
- Mass payouts
- Virtual accounts / invoice payments
Context of the role
Thunes is well-known in the cross-border payments market and rapidly expanding worldwide. You will be a key driver of this growth. You will work with skilled engineers and a strong cross-functional team. You’ll meet and interact with numerous nationalities and you will be a decisive contributor from the start. You will get a position in a unique, young and fast-growing FinTech company.
The role will have a global impact and work closely with stakeholders in Thunes' global offices.
Reporting to the Product Director, the Senior Product Owner is a key representative of our customers’ needs. By leveraging technology, your goal is to serve customers better and bring value to the business. You play a vital role in steering Thunes' products, and in maximising the value of our services to our customers and internal stakeholders.
You need to have a passion for FinTech and have some payments experience before. You need to understand what makes a good API. You will be responsible for Virtual Accounts products, starting from customers’ needs, vision, strategy, roadmap, development to go-to-market and KPIs tracking. You will work close with engineering, business development, compliance, finance and network teams. You will need to be the champion of your product internally and externally.
- Own the Virtual Accounts global product vision and roadmap
- Drive the Virtual Accounts cross-functional team towards implementing the product vision, be a subject matter expert for the organization, provide insights, context and additional information as needed
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to translate their requirements into detailed user stories
- Build, maintain, and prioritize the team backlog to produce the greatest organisational value in a release
- Be available to the development team continuously and be a subject matter expert on customer needs, feature intent, and product domain
- Participates in Agile/Scrum ceremonies such as iteration planning, daily stand ups, showcases and retrospectives
- Launch the product in new markets
- Go-to-market strategy
- Supports sales and marketing events with demonstrations of new products and features
What we are looking for
- Strong academic background in technical engineering or business administration
- Result-oriented with at least more than 7 years of experience and a proven track record in product management, ideally in financial services
- Strong analytical skills, creative, detail oriented, and solid problem-solving skills with a passion for new technologies
- Strategic thinker who appreciates the business impact and commercial challenges, and has the ability to see through problems to get solutions done
- Project management experience and proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Familiar with Agile/Lean product development practices, have experience in working with teams using Scrum or Kanban
- Ability to develop and articulate well thought out business case and its financial / bottom line impact
- Excellent verbal and written English skills are critical to craft clear requirements and expertly communicate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
Sound like you? Apply now!