Reporting to the Head of Corporate Affairs, Asia, with a dotted line to the General Manager for Asia, you will play an instrumental role to build Airwallex’s presence in Singapore and across Southeast Asia, as well as promoting and protecting Airwallex’s reputation globally at a time of rapid expansion.
We seek a seasoned corporate communicator with public affairs, issues management, media relations and thought leadership expertise to help Airwallex further penetrate the crowded landscape in the US and across the Americas region through differentiated narratives, scrappy newsjacking and targeted stakeholder engagement.
Your role requires extensive communication engagement and relationship-building with external stakeholders including media, conference organizers, industry leaders, customers, analysts and regulators – as well as internal stakeholders across the company. This role will have significant c-suite exposure and requires executive presence, strategic sensibility and business savvy. You will also be representing Airwallex as a spokesperson with seniority and with credible knowledge of our business.
The ideal candidate has at least 15 years experience in agency and/or in-house roles, as well as experience working with government agencies and trade groups. Prior fintech, payments experience or exposure operating in highly regulated industry and B2B technology experience is preferred but not required. As a leading member of our high-performing team, you will have an opportunity to join and strengthen our vision to shape Airwallex’s successful growth trajectory.
- Lead and implement a wide-ranging stakeholder communications and engagement strategy for Airwallex’s Singapore and Southeast Asia business, focussing particularly on government, industry influencers and media relationships
- Devise and implement a holistic engagement program that includes providing access to senior political and media contacts to strengthen Airwallex’s reputation
- Work with the leadership team to define Airwallex’s position on global policy issues in tech and business especially as they relate to Singapore and across Southeast Asia.
- Help shape the external profile of our global leadership and what they should be known for in the region
- Contribute to and work with the Corporate Affairs team to update Airwallex’s messaging playbook including on key policy issues
- Represent Airwallex as a key spokesperson and manage all “press office” duties for Southeast Asia
- Proactively initiate campaigns including media placements and conference keynote opportunities to position Airwallex as a thought leader in tech and business
- Provide counsel as a trusted advisor, help assess reputational risk matters and handle sensitive and crisis communication
- Implement all external and internal communication efforts in Singapore, including corporate, product, customer and partnership announcements
- Supervise agency relationships, provide guidance and optimise output
What you bring:
- Solid domain knowledge in public affairs and policy development, media relations, internal and external communications
- Direct experience and working relationship with senior and working-level government and media editors and journalists
- Proven track record and ability to deliver tangible outcomes
- Exceptional English written and verbal communication ability, Mandarin language capabilities a plus
- Experience working across international markets
- Proven consensus building and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable in a fast-pace environment, highly-adaptable, able to reprioritise and change gears quickly