We started out in 2014 with a vision to simplify the digital cross-border payments experience for complex markets. Over time, we grew into a global Fintech platform, regulated in over 40 markets and reaching across 190+ countries. Today we are a universal platform for financial services and our modular services straddle cross-border payments, card issuance, and collections by way of capability. We have clients in all 6 continents and have diversified our offerings to meet the needs of banks, financial institutions, SMEs, and New Economy businesses, such as eCommerce and online travel. We are a team of more than 700 people across 17 offices globally and growing. Our vision is to embed world-class financial services into every platform we touch and usher in the future of frictionless commerce.
Our network is powered by our portfolio of licenses, hard-earned by building trust with financial regulators in over 38 countries. This combination of regulatory and tech assets is unique to Nium and is at the core of our unique value proposition.
Where do you come into the picture?
We are building a new business unit at NIUM to simplify the global payment stack for Digital goods including mobile gaming, eLearning, digital collectibles etc.. This is a chance to be a member of the foundation team and help build this unit from scratch while positioning for scale.
We understand the painpoints of figuring out local payment methods, licensing, crossborder payments, local tax requirements, local language support etc. There is no one company solving this at a Global level. Our vision is to be this payments platform of choice for digital goods.
As a Senior Product Manager, your aim will be to lead the development of best-in-industry product to support the growing digital goods vertical across payments and distribution. In this role you will work cross-functionally. You will bring the voice of clients (merchants, publishers etc.) and users (streamers, customers etc.) to identify painpoints, develop commercial solutions and execute product roadmap.
This role requires working closely with our engineering team based in India and we are looking for the successful candidate to be based in either Singapore or India.
What would a day in your life @ Nium look like?
- Payments experience
- Own the development of a global payment checkout solution across multiple emerging markets with a focus on both coverage across payment methods as well as quality of payment network
- Work closely with engineering teams to define key features for checkout, both hosted as well as API led
- Define the merchant experience from an integration perspective, aiming to reduce the time needed for merchants to launch
- Be a self-starter in a vertical that is scaling from 0 to 1, requiring the ability to move from vision to execution
- Build and launch, at speed
- Launch multiple markets and payment methods for our clients to accept payments globally, at speed
- Define and measure payment network metrics to ensure quality of network across authorization rates, availability as well as checkout NPS
- Manage the product roadmap, development process and day-to-day opportunities
- Operations focused
- Ensure scalability of platform by working closely with the operations, customer success, fraud and risk teams
- Manage external partners
- Work with local payment gateways and payment partners to prioritise features like tokenization, one-click checkout etc.
- Work closely with regulatory & public policy team and engage to understand changes to the local payments landscape and shape the conversations
We are looking for someone with demonstrated experience across the below skills
- 5+ yrs of product management experience in a payments gateway or a tech-enabled PSP
- Self-starter who enjoys working through chaos and ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Methodical, logical and analytical thinker with ability to quickly eliminate untenable choices
- Ability to dig through blockers and hungry to find solutions
- Incorporating processes through documentation to lay the foundations for scaling
- Proven track record in delivering results in a highly complex and matrix organization
- Experience in successfully working with geographically distributed teams
- Ideally you would have
- 1+ years of team leadership/management experience or entrepreneurial experience (a plus)
- Expertise in checkout solutions for online merchants
- Strong experience with cross-functional collaboration during product development cycle
- Experience with agile product development
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Training & Development
- 24x7 Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Parental and Family leave
- Year-end leave
New positions coming soon.