We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated, strategist to join our Global Strategy group and help us to redefine our role in the exciting and evolving global payments and trade eco system.
What to expect:
- Contribute to the design, continuous improvement, and iteration of our evolving trade strategy through an in depth understanding of the challenges facing the eco system, its needs, and the market/competitive landscape.
- Engagement with actors across the trade eco system, including banks, corporates, fintechs, governments and industry bodies to augment strategic insights and assist in commercial decision making and validation.
- Focus & own Trade Digitisation as a core strategic agenda covering process, legal and technological enhancements that could be leveraged to effect frictionless trade for the community.
- Raise the profile and knowledge of Trade and Trade Payments internally at Swift (product, business development and communities), by evaluating, and connecting the opportunities in Trade to our goals.
- Be the Internal expert on Open & Documenarty Trade, and help refine, and prioritize, an array of opportunities to leverage our existing platform assets.
- Represent SWIFT at an industry level and promote our Swift Trade Strategy. Create working partnerships and maintain & grow the strategic dialogue with the community of banks and the wider community of trade organisations (ICC, BAFT and more) and trade platform players/consortia.
- Coordinate, manage and supervise liaisons and contacts with internal/external stakeholders towards the delivery of the agreed Wholesale Payments & Trade Strategy.
- Keep abreast with trends in the industry and share information with other divisions/departments.
- Under guidance of senior management, implement and maintain HR policies/procedures. Hire, reward, coach, motivate and develop team members of the department in order to have qualified, competent and motivated employees.
- A university degree (MBA preferred) with minimum 12 years' relevant global experience in Product Strategy, Product Management, or Product Development with a keen passion for developing trade strategies is what we are looking for.
- As this is a global role, but based in APAC, understanding and having worked in the region for Trade Businesses is a must.
- Expertise in Trade and deep understanding of Trade Ecosystem; as well as expertise in Wholesale Payments is key
- Competent understanding of eCommerce, B2B Market places, Payment's solutions experience will be advantage. FinTech Consumer & SME markets, globally.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write compelling and concise documents
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
Shirish WADIVKAR - MD, Global Head - Wholesale Payments & Trade Strategy
Rahul Bhargava - Global Head of Payment Market Infrastructure (PMI) Strategy
Terry Hubert - Trade Strategist
Zakir Hossain -Regional Head of Talent Acquisition, Asia Pacific
What we offer
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself
We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.
Global Trade Strategist
New positions coming soon.