Syfe is a digital investment platform with a mission to empower people to grow their money confidently, and choose the future they want to live. Built on the pillars of advice, access and innovation, we cater to the full spectrum of an individual's wealth needs across diversified proprietary portfolios, cash management solutions and a state-of-the-art brokerage.
The Syfe team combines world-class financial expertise with best in-class technology talent. Excellence in execution is in our DNA and we offer equity ownership to all employees regardless of seniority and designation.
We are regulated by the financial authorities across Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. In Singapore alone, where we are headquartered, over 100,000 investors trust Syfe to grow their wealth.
Since its founding, Syfe has raised US $52.4 million from world-class investors. The company has won multiple awards including Wealth Management Fintech of the Year by the Asian Banking and Finance Awards 2022, as well as being recognized as one of the Top LinkedIn Startups in Singapore 2022.
Find out more about us at www.syfe.com.
Press links - Bloomberg, Business Times, TechCrunch
The Right Profile
We are looking to hire a Finance Manager to own the statutory and group reporting, tax compliance, audit process, controllership and finance business partnering at both entities and group levels. This position will partner with stakeholders across different functions within the organisation to ensure compliance with accounting standards, internal controls practices and certain regulatory requirements, as well as to drive process improvement and support business expansion and projects. As Syfe expands its activities, the finance manager will also be recruiting, developing and managing the finance operations and controllership teams.
- Responsible for accounting, statutory reporting, regulatory reporting (as required by capital market regulators), tax compliance, audit process, corporate secretarial and other controllership functions for entities within the group
- Oversee monthly financial statements close process, ensure timely and accurate preparation of financial information at both entities and group levels
- Ensure compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), tax regulations and risk-based capital requirements
- Liaising with service providers, external auditors, tax agents, corporate secretary, local tax and government authorities where required
- Business partnering with cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization
- Continually improve accounting and finance processes and systems by implementing tighter controls, data integrity, process improvement & rigorous analysis
- Support business expansion across the regions, including accounting and tax analysis for the products, services and transactions
- Team management
- Any ad-hoc projects
- Degree holder in Accounting, Business Administration, or related discipline
- 6-8 years working experience in accounting / audit
- Good understanding of Singapore Financial Reporting Standards (International) or International Financial Reporting Standards, common accounting and tax practices, internal controls
- Proficient in spreadsheet software (e.g. Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets)
- Professional qualification in accounting (e.g. ISCA, ICAEW, ACCA, HKICPA)
- Good understanding of risk-based capital requirements
- Independent problem-solving skills
- Proactive and can-do attitude
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle a varied and diverse workload, while ensuring accuracy, timeliness and a high degree of attention to detail and a commitment to continuous process improvement
- Passionate, dependable and ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Prior experience in startup or financial services is a plus