As a Communications and Corporate Affairs Director in Singapore, you will join a diverse, passionate team, dedicated to making possibilities happen in the payments industry!
Reporting to the Head of External Communication the External Communications Leader for (Region) will lead the development, implementation and coordination of communications strategies to drive increased awareness and understanding of ACI Worldwide's (ACI) vision, mission and purpose across the geographic regions of (AMERICAS, APAC, EU&MEA). This role will build and protect the reputation of ACI globally in the eyes of those who can impact strategic growth success – from customers to media, industry and investor analysts, policymakers, opinion leaders and prospective employees.
They will do this by generating creative, compelling, and consistent communications and an impactful narrative that effectively engage these various audiences. As a result, these different communities will better understand ACI's significant contributions and point of view on topics and technologies that shape the current and future payments within the region.
The successful candidate will be a leader with a bias to action and a proven ability to work effectively across a complex organization to deliver results. While collaborative in their approach, they will look to provide simplicity and clarity from complexity and have a strong execution and external orientation. They will lead an integrated and coordinated approach to the planning and delivering of all communications across ACI's corporate channels, including digital and social media.
They will need to be a trusted advisor and strategic counsel to senior leadership team, with proven experience in effectively managing various complex stakeholder opportunities and issues. They will have an ability to flex their style and leverage their teams effectively, ensuring that management of crisis or disruption, when it does happen, does not derail ongoing strategic external engagement initiatives.
Solid exposure to media, industry analysts, and broader stakeholder relations will demonstrate a proven ability to insert a company into the dialogue, challenge assertions, and ensure ACI's interests and point of view are heard and considered.
A Typical day at ACI for a Communications and Corporate Affairs Director is:
- Develop and implement strategies that bring consistency to corporate and product communications, supporting and enhancing ACI's reputation across the region
- Develop a creative and compelling corporate narrative and message strategy that helps reinforce reputation and the benefits ACI businesses deliver to the full spectrum of stakeholders. Harmonize the themes across the breadth of external communications to maximize the impact
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders across the company to guide a unified approach for brand and company awareness and marketing efforts.
- Collaborate to lead a 360-degree approach to communications within the department and integrated marketing communications with product and field.
- Lead and own strategic communications direction for a key business segment or specialization and drive a global, regional, and local strategy and collaborate with assigned regional leaders for execution.
- Provide counsel and support to the C-suite and senior key executives
- Be responsible for managing the media and broader public engagement and exposure of top executives. They will play an advisory role to these executives and ensure that their individual media efforts reinforce and extend the company's desired image.
- Manage the effective execution of communications plans
- Accountable for all elements of external communications planning and execution, leveraging modern communications and campaign tactics and traditional methods of engagement and impact. The role will also direct the preparation and release of newsworthy and engaging information, manage the relationship with outside public relations firms, monitoring and assess relevant news coverage. This individual will play a vital role in devising and executing strategies to protect ACI's image during crises.
- Map and manage an effective industry analyst relations and opinion leaders' program within the region
- Build and sustain relationships, reviews, and assessments of ACI's product and software solutions portfolio in partnership with product/business segment leads.
- Collaborate with Investor Relations to fine-tune approach and execution.
- Proven experience in creativity, writing, and content composition – covering corporate and product
- Ideate and create a stack of content topics that position product offerings accurately and credibly, commanding leadership status. It will include reviewing materials from written content used across many public or direct communications, including press releases, blogs, media pitches, and thought leadership content.
- Building and leveraging digital capability.
- Integrate digital and traditional communications while keeping abreast of new media.
- Providing leadership and management of the communications team
- Motivate, coach, and hold each person accountable for delivering objectives in a matrixed structure across business, functions, or regions.
- Lead best practice in evaluating ROI within the function by working collaboratively with Corporate, Product, and Field Marketing
- Responsible for managing the administration of plans and budgets
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Understand and Adhere to all Corporate Policies to include but not limited to ACI Code of Ethics and Global Information Security.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience needed to succeed in this role:
- Minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- At least 12 years’ relevant marketing experience in public relations, ideally in technology, financial services or fintech, with experience managing and leading teams
- Ability to build multi-channel PR program for brand, reputation, and product launches that deliver high-impact business results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deep understanding of the APAC media landscape and connections with key Asia Pacific business, financial and technology publications
- Strong writer, organized, clear
- Ability to collaborate well with others and sustain necessary relationships, internally and externally
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and focus on applicable projects
- Creative, detail-oriented, driven
- Ability to develop strong content and work across many cross-functional areas of the business
- Superior communications and presentation skills
- Effectively motivates and challenges others to achieve objectives
- Advanced experience with marketing software, social tools, project management software, and MS Office
- Management or leadership experience preferred
Benefits: In return for your expertise, we offer growth, opportunity, and a competitive compensation and benefits package in a casual work environment.
Are you ready to help us transform the world of electronic payments? To learn more about ACI Worldwide, visit our web site at www.aciworldwide.com
ACI Worldwide is an AA/EEO employer in the United States, which includes providing equal opportunity for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities, and an EEO employer globally.