Meta is seeking talented and flexible counsel to join its APAC legal team to work on regulatory issues in the region. This role involves handling cutting-edge and complex legal projects across regulatory issues - including privacy and data protection, intermediary liability, antitrust, consumer protection, e-commerce and FinTech, IOT - and requires working with a range of cross functional experts in the product, legal, policy and communications teams.
The ideal candidate will have excellent legal and business judgment, strategic thinking, and the ability to work across diverse teams, subject matters and countries. This is an opportunity to support the Meta family of Apps, products and services and to work on novel legal and regulatory issues at the forefront of technology in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
This is a full-time position based in Singapore.
- Respond to regulatory requests for information and draft regulatory filings, ensuring consistency with global regulatory responses.
- Coordinate and work with a cross-functional team including country counsels and global subject matter experts to develop and implement regulatory and compliance strategies for countries in region.
- Identify compliance gaps against the current regulatory frameworks in the APAC region and execute on concrete solutions to address those gaps.
- Represent the company in connection with regulatory inquiries by regulators across the region, as necessary.
- Develop pro-regulatory strategies to engage and work with with legislators and governments in various countries to develop new legislation and regulatory frameworks.
- Develop and maintain internal knowledge management across the legal department in regulatory matters.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders on product launches in APAC.
- 5+ years of relevant legal experience, either at a law firm or in-house (applicable regulatory or litigation experience will be considered).
- Key skills in legal writing and regulatory submission responses.
- Business judgment and client counseling experience.
- Demonstrated effective outside counsel management experience.
- Excellent project management skills and experience advancing projects in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Experience prioritizing work and providing advice under tight deadlines.
- J.D., LLB or equivalent law degree and a good standing membership in at least one bar.
- Being open to travel as and when required.
- Deep knowledge of APAC tech-regulatory landscape, authorities and frameworks.
- Experience in tech industry and, in particular, e-commerce/Fintech and/or intermediary liability issues.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.